Connecting Diverse Networks: Managing Self and Others
Publications/ Proceedings/ ISSN/ Indexing
Full papers will be submitted to the Scientific Committee for their approval and once accepted they will be published in International Conference on Communication and Media Proceedings 2018. All full papers will be accepted through a double blind reviewed process and will be published electronically with ISSN (open access publication). We will submit the proceedings to be indexed in the Crossref, Malaysian Citation Index (MyCite), and Google Scholar for possible Indexing.
In addition, selected paper by Technical Committee will be considered for publication in SCOPUS or INDEXES journal with additional payment. Manuscripts submitted to the journals should be extended by at least 40% compared with the conference ones. The definitive decision will be notified to the authors based on the quality of the paper. All papers will go through the normal review processes of the journals.
Papers for presentation at the conference are invited from scholars and practitioners, on topics relevant to the following contemporary communication and media issues:
a) Organizational Communication
- Corporate communication
- Power and politics in organizations
- Communication for organizational change
- Communication management
- Public relations
b) Communication for Social Change
- Health communication
- Religion, communication and media
- Gender and communication
- Governance and empowerment of women
c) Intercultural Communication
- Issues in international and intercultural communication
- Barriers in intercultural communication
- Negotiating across cultures
- Empowerment and governance across cultures
d) Political Communication
- Communication policies and regulations
- Communication law
- Empowerment and governance in the information society
- Ethics in campaign
- Ethics in speech
e) New Media
- New media and culture
- Media industry trends and dynamics
- Ethics and cyber society
- Media challenges and opportunities
- Creativity, innovation and users
- Government, regulations and new media
f) Language and Communication
- Media and Language
- Role of language
- Visual and Linguistics
- Critical literacy
- Language and advertising
- Language and rhetoric
- Language and social interaction.
g) Other topics related to communication and media studies
|Paper Submission Deadline
||15th July 2018|
|Notice of Paper Acceptance||1st August 2018|
|Submission of Paper Camera Ready Paper||10th Sept. 2018|
- The paper must be an original work and have not been previously accepted in a journal or under consideration for publication elsewhere
- Please read the GUIDE FOR AUTHORS before preparing your text
- All papers must conform to International Conference on Communication and Media Proceedings standard - single-column format set in MS Word Template (Download Template HERE)
- Papers must be sent in Word format through OpenConf Peer Review and Conference Management System.
- The paper must be written in English or Bahasa Malaysia with a maximum of 6 single-spaced pages, including an abstract, references, tables, figures and appendices.
Selected papers will be published in International Conference on Communication and Media 2018 Proceedings which will be submit the proceedings to be indexed in the Crossref, Malaysian Citation Index (MyCite), and Google Scholar for possible Indexing. The papers will be selected through a double blind review process. Please ensure that the authors' names do not appear in the submitted paper [authors' names must only be included in the final submission of the PRINT READY version after the review process is complete].
An abstract without a completed paper or rejected completed paper (reviewed by the Scientific Committee) will ONLY be considered for the oral presentation.
At least one author of each accepted paper/abstract must register and pay the fees for the conference by 15 Sept. 2018 in order for the paper/abstract to be included in the program booklet and the conference proceedings.